There is also a Rafflecopter below so be sure to enter!
For Elizabeth's tour, I did a little interview - I hope you enjoy!
1. I LOVE the cover of this book! Did you provide any input or was it a total surprise? What was your reaction when you first saw it? I probably provided way too much input! Lindsay Anne Kendal was the cover artist and let's just say, she is a very patient lady!
2. Jane is so cute and sweet and once I learned she was Russian, I started reading her POV with a Russian accent! (At least I think it's Russian in my head!) Anyway, do you write/read/edit her POV with a Russian accent in your head too? I most certainly did!! And I read the final WIP out loud, so I did that in my best Russian accent too. (For the record, I will NOT be supplementing my income by moonlighting as a narrator!)
2.a. By the way, I do the same with Sasha, only my accent is so much thicker with her! Superb job on making that happen in my head! (Oh, and I absolutely love her, even though she is a tough girl around the edges). Woot woot!!! You are sooo good. Sasha's accent is thicker. Jane spent her childhood in England, so her accent is not as thick as the street-raised Sasha.
3. LOL, I love Mrs. Little. She is a little feisty, quietly sneaky, cute little woman - how did you come up with the idea for her character? She is a feisty old gal...but seriously, she had to be written that way...I mean she has to keep the pervy old Mr. Little in check!
4. Trip is a dreamy guy - every girl wants a guy like that! (thankfully, I have one - but if I didn't, Trip would be on my radar). Anyway, are there any more Coulter boys around that you're not telling us about? Will there be other books with Trip and Jane? I am currently working on a story with the teenage son, Tanner, from "Past Due". And he has little brothers, but they are barely out of diapers...so they won't be the heroes of a story any time soon!
5. Secrets! Secrets! Secrets! My, my, my. Oh my goodness on the secrets going on! Jane has secrets and so does Trip. I was on the edge of my seat wondering what those secrets were and how they were going to intersect! (Okay, I know that wasn't a question and I couldn't help blabbering about all the secrets that are intriguing in this book! It's like a mystery too and I really love it.)
I had a fun time writing this book. I questioned whether or not I had the skill to add in the mystery. Mysteries take a bit more plot outlining to make sure all the holes are filled. I mean you want to string the reader along a bit, but not lose them in confusion.
6. There are two more books in this series - can you tell us a little about those?
Past Due is the first book. Jenna and Tres are separated by lies and tragedy, so when they bump into each other and the flame is still smoldering...can they put their mistakes behind them and find another chance at love? Or will the price of happily ever be too steep to pay once the past comes due?
Healing Summer is the second. Ditched at the altar and biopsied for cancer, sweet Mollie Hinkle heads off on a road trip with her girlfriends. Quarter flips at crossroads brings her to a tiny town in Montana where she meets Craig, the middle child, bad boy of the haughty Coulter line. Is Mollie headed for another heart ache or is it love, not time, that heals all wounds?
7. Do you have something new in the works right now that you can share with us?
My next book to be released is a historical novel, "Bella's Point". I've always been a huge fan of "Gone with the Wind" and I always wondered, what fun would it be to create a character who has the heart Melanie Wilkes, but the fire of Scarlet O'Hara be? (That's the good thing about being a writer...we can make our own imaginations come true!)
Thanks so much for having me over Kimberly! And thanks for the kind words. I wish I could share the info in person, because you deserve hugs and chocolate!!!
Aww, thanks Elizabeth! It was my pleasure and your book is a really great read!!
Fate IntendedFate Intended is the third book in the Coulter Men Series. Trip is the last of the Coulter sons to find love. He’s a handsome man with all the skills a young spy needs to succeed. But when it comes to love, he misses the target. Jane is a sweet beauty who may or may not be wanted for murder. She’s hiding out as a cleaning lady when chance brings her and Trip together. It looks like a happily ever after is in the cross hairs until reality tries to destroy what fate has intended.
Elizabeth Seckman is a simple chick with a simple dream…to write stories people want to read.